Saturday 4 February 2012

Introduction and Disclaimer

First of all I would like to thanks Venkatesh (a.k.a. Venky; and not Victory Venkatesh ;-)) to give me a platform to indulge in my passion for Cinema.

He is a guy who understands and appreciate cinema and we both share the same passion for Cinema, which leads to long discussions every time we watch a movie (which is almost daily or on alternate days) or while preparing our movie timetable for the approaching weekend.

Venky has been brought up on the staple diet of Telgu movies; as is evident from the build up he has given me…..thanks once again Venky.

Now let me give you an introduction about myself – I’m not a Cinema scholar, writer or critic; I’m finance professional by qualification. I’m one from the audience who has been fascinated by the magic created by the interplay of sound and light in a dark auditorium and have been watching movies as long as I can remember.

I’m trying to make a humble beginning to vent out my love for cinema and entertainment, irrespective of language, through this blog. Yes, I watch movies in Hindi, English, Punjabi (the languages I converse in), Telgu, Tamil, Japnese, Korean, Chinese (rest of all through the help of English subtitles most of the times or the dubbed version).

The basis for the title of our blog also stems from our craziness. Venky registered Blowingwoods as the title for our blog because we will be blowing on Woods – Holly, Bolly, Tolly, Kolly and rest of the movie woods.

The opinions expressed are our personal in the capacity of audience for whom movies are made; as is usually proclaimed by the film fraternity, completely sidelining the moolah involved. We are expressing the opinion because we are entitled to; we buy the ticket and watch the movies irrespective of entertainment quotient and quality.

The idea is not to get personal or demeaning or run down any person / movie in particular.

As we don’t have a network to gather the numbers we would be relying on external sources to quote the numbers, wherever we do so we will make an effort to mention the source.

Let the magic begin….!!


 Gagan

No comments:

Post a Comment